Tonight is Bonfire night, follow these guidelines, enjoy the festivities and stay safe!
- Don’t start your own bonfire, safest way to enjoy the festivities is to go to an organised display.
- If you are going to set off your own fireworks remember:
- Only buy fireworks marked BS 7114.
- Don’t drink alcohol if setting off fireworks.
- Store fireworks in a closed box; make sure the lid is firmly closed.
- Have a bucket of water handy.
- Make sure you have a torch with you.
- Light fireworks at arm’s length with a taper.
- Never go near a firework that has been lit. Even if it hasn’t gone off, it could still explode.
- Never put fireworks in your pocket.
- Never throw fireworks – this is illegal and you could get a fine of up to UK£5000!
- Always supervise children around fireworks.
- Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves.
- Never give sparklers to a child under five.
- Keep pets indoors.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!