- to investigate water mist systems for aviation and maritime application;
- to carry out full-scale experimentation on water mist systems and detection-activation
- to develop CFD based computer models capable of simulating fire-water mist interactions;
this included the development of fire models, detection-activation models, water mist
models and suppression models;
- carried out by a consortium consisting of 7 partners
- CAA (UK), Cerberus Guinard (France), DLR (Germany), Marconi Avionics (UK), NTUA
(Greece), SINTEF NBL (Norway) and University of Greenwich (UK);
- funded by The European Commission under the BRITE/EuRam Programme, Framework
IV, Project Number BRPR-CT95-0040;
- running for three years from February 1996 to February 1999;
- successfully completed.
Background - reasons for undertaking the project.
Consortium members - those involved in the project.
Objectives - aims of the project.
Work programme - plan of work for the project.
Results summary [pdf file, 100KB] - final project
report detailing achievements.
Animations - movies of some of the simulations
Publications and presentations.
Images - miscellaneous pictures taken during the